Hello from Sweden!

Johannes

Johannes
Total Posts:  664
Joined  16-11-2011

03 May 2012 13:59

Hi all!

My name is Johannes and i live in a small village outside Gothenburg, on the Swedish westcoast.
My interest in Proas started when i saw Russell Browns Jzerro on Youtube sometime around 2008. I have never seen one in real life in sweden or anywhere else. Me and my dad owned a flat bottom tugboat late 80ies, and thats where i got realy intrested in sailing and being on the sea (lake).

4 years ago we started taking about a circumnavigation of the globe. That idea has grown to the point of owning a sailboat and taking classes in more advanced navigation. We are taking one step at a time, and hope that by working steady towards that goal, we are going to succseed. We are trying to save some money, but life has a nasty tendency to throw stuff at us from time to time. I dont like monohulls. They are slow or prohibitive expensive. They usualy have a deep keel, and they almost never sail upright.

I am trying out a lot of different ideas with my small models. I hope to be able to start building a real large proa within a year or soo.

Johannes.

James

James
Total Posts:  148
Joined  29-10-2011

03 May 2012 21:26

Hello and welcome, Johannes. I wish you well on your quest to sail the world. And in a proa! I’m sure you’ll accomplish it as you are certainly determined and resourceful 😊 

I must compliment you on your English, too. I am always in awe of people who can communicate effectively in more than one language.

matzen

matzen
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-02-2013

10 April 2013 21:39

Hi Johannes
I live not far from Gothenburg, actually in Jönköping. I own an Iroquois catamaran, you can contact me if you would like to try out a tour in a multihull for a change. It could be fun 😊

Matz